Like everything else in the world, something as flawless as outsourcing your website content can have its pros and cons. Before we dive deep into the pros and cons of outsourcing content writing as well as discuss the advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing content, let us understand what is the meaning of outsourcing content writing and even content creation for that matter.
WHAT IS CONTENT OUTSOURCING?
A website or anything online needs quite a lot of content and that includes a huge chunk of written content. Someone has to write this. In order to do so, you can go for the two most common approaches. One is to have a full-time content writer that you can hire as a permanent employee, have them on payroll and have them write down every content. The second way is to outsource your content to outsourcing content writing services or a ghostwriter for hire agency or even a professional content marketing agency. Both of these options can result in quality content and there are benefits of outsourcing your content and having an in-house content writer.
Let us look at the pros and cons of outsourcing your content writing and find out which is the more suitable option for you.
PROS OF OUTSOURCING YOUR CONTENT
- COST – One of the most prominent advantages that everyone will agree with is cost savings. Hiring a full-time content writer for your company that does not require regular content writing or even a vast amount of content writing can be a waste of precious capital. This money can be spent by outsourcing your content and hiring a content writing company and agency who have professionals in place that do one thing and that is writing content. They have expensive and professional tools at their disposal to help you with your content and they are services cost significantly less than hiring a full-time employee.
- FOCUS ON BUSINESS – One of the headaches that come with creating a new department and hiring staff for that department is that you need to also keep oversight of that. If you are having to create your very own in-house content writing department that means you will also have to pay attention to that department which will mean that you will have to sacrifice some of your precious time that could have been used elsewhere.
- PROFESSIONALISM – We have touched on this in our first point and that is professionalism. Professionalism separates good content from bad content and when you are outsourcing your content to a content writing service provider or agency then you can be assured that their team will consist of professional writers and copywriters as well as experienced writers who know various industries inside out and has tremendous experience in dealing with content writing. This will not be the case if you are hiring a rookie in order to create your very own content writing department from the ground up. Yes, if you give enough time, you can build your very own content writing department but that will take years and valuable capital.
- TIMELY SUBMISSIONS – When you are dealing with employees then you are dealing with employees and by that we mean that if your in-house content writing employee gets sick then that will have an impact on your content. There is no such thing as an untimely submission from a content writing agency because that is their bread and butter and in order to stay in business one of their primary goals is to supply the content in a timely manner.
- FLEXIBILITY – One of the important factors why companies are increasingly hiring a content writing agency and outsourcing their content to these companies is the fact that services from these companies are flexible and versatile. If you have an in-house content writer then you need to pay that person or keep them on a retainer and there may come times when there is no content to be written but yet they are a permanent employee and you must keep paying them. There may also come a time when there is a huge demand for content and that one small team or that one person cannot handle that amount of volume. This is where a content writing agency comes in because you can hire them whenever you want and you can opt-out of their services whenever there are no content needs.
CONS OF OUTSOURCING YOUR CONTENT
To be frank there aren’t a lot of cons that we can talk off. Yes, if you are someone who is determined to create a content writing department in your company and you are ready to pay the premium for this then outsourcing will not be an option for you but other than that there are no downsides to this. Outsourcing content and content writing companies like ours at GetBestWriters are our professionals in what we do and we have every kind of ghostwriter available for all your content needs. As for being the fastest growing and most professional ghost writing agency in India, our professional writers are experienced in multiple industries and have years’ worth of experience working as content writers and know exact keyword usage and SEO and can help optimise your content to not only sound nice but be efficient in organic ranking.